Will You Be There? This is a much welcome event and should be a good day out. It's time we started celebrating our Welshness - why should the Brits have all the best parades?
'NATIONAL ST.DAVID'S DAY PARADE!'This will be the 4th Parade and promises to be bigger and better than ever before, with more people, more colour, and much more music. This is your chance to celebrate our culture, our heritage, and our identity ; your chance to declare before the world, 'We're still here!'
On the Parade this year will be:
The Parade will muster at 1.30pm and set out at 2pm from Sophia Close (near the 'Mochyn Du' pub), Thursday, March 1.
- BAGAD BRO MORGANNWG : a pipe and drum band from Glamorgan
- THE WELSH HORSE : from Carmarthenshire
- THE CAMBRIA DRUM BAND : from Flintshire.
- BAGAD PENHARS : (a pipe and drum band, from Kemper /Quimper, Brittany). Our special guests, since according to Breton tradition, St David himself was born in Brittany, and Non, his mother, buried there.
- ADAMANT : Closer to home, the legendary Cardiff New Orleans-style Jazz band.
- LOCAL SCHOOLS : a number of local schools will be taking part in the Parade.
- THE LORD MAYOR OF CARDIFF, Councillor Gareth Neale
- REPRESENTATIVES OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
- REPRESENTATIVES OF FAITH GROUPS
- DELEGATION FROM CORNWALL
The Parade will finish with a Closing Ceremony in front of the National Museum of Wales, with an address by Mererid Hopwood (Crowned Bard and last year's National Children's Poet), and
The Right Rev.Daniel Mullins (former Catholic Bishop of Menevia), to be preceded by the children of 'Ysgol Treganna' singing 'Ring out the Bells for Dewi!' (a song written specially for the occasion), and ending with the singing of the National Anthem. To be followed by 'cawl' and entertainment late into the evening at the 'Mochyn Du' public house.
BE THERE ! …..FOR WALES